But since getting engaged 6 months ago and starting to plan our wedding I've found that I have lots of ideas for blog posts that don't really fit with my normal style...so I figured I'd start a new blog so anyone interested in weddings can read in peace without being bombarded with my witterings on post it notes for example!
So why the blog? It may make more sense if I explain a little bit more about myself:
- I am 34 years old
- I live by the seaside in England (rural Dorset to be precise)
- I am engaged to a wonderful man who we shall call Mr P
- We have set our wedding date for September 2013 and booked our venue
- And we are only just starting to consider all the options that are out there to create an enjoyable wedding day and golly there are a LOT of options out there....
You should also know:
- We are not religious so there's no church ceremony, we are getting married and having our reception in the most beautiful barn deep in the Somerset countryside
- We want the day to be a celebration of love (obviously) but also of embracing life and having some fun - life is very, very short and so many things can steal time away from you so being able to celebrate together with our friends and family will be (I hope) a fantastic happy day
- We are paying for the wedding ourselves, so this blog will be a honest take on how much time and money it takes to put a wedding together...
Now being a bride in her 30s I've really struggled to find other blogs talking about the pressures and the fun of planning a wedding (will I look wrinkly in the wedding photos?? Something you brides in your twenties don't need to worry about so much!!) So warts and all this blog will chart the concerns and the solutions to any and all problems I encounter along the way.
So Hi again and welcome - I'd love to hear what you think about my blog and any comments or suggestions for posts will always be gratefully received.
Lx
Yay! I'm so excited to follow your wedding blog! We sound so similar- although I'm one of those brides in my 20s, we aren't having a religious ceremony, and were even trying to find a barn venue before settling on my fiance's family's yard. I'm even marrying a Mr. P!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, can't wait to read more about your planning process- you'll be so happy you are blogging about it- I feel like my engagement has flown by and now I'm in the last three months!!!